Wednesday, January 25, 2012

tonight chelsea and i talked and she tried to encourage me and i crapped on everything she said. i'm sure she loves me anyway. then i started listening to the juno soundtrack because it usually just lets me jam and i don't have any bad associations with it and i've been listening to the song tree hugger by kimya dawson on repeat.

The flower said, "I wish I was a tree,"
The tree said, "I wish I could be
A different kind of tree,
The cat wished that it was a bee,
The turtle wished that it could fly
Really high into the sky,
Over rooftops and then dive
Deep into the sea.

And in the sea there is a fish,
A fish that has a secret wish,
A wish to be a big cactus
With a pink flower on it.
And in the sea there is a fish,
A fish that has a secret wish,
A wish to be a big cactus
With a pink flower on it.

And the flower
Would be its offering
Of love to the desert.
And the desert,
So dry and lonely,
That the creatures all
Appreciate the effort.

tonight i kind of wish i was a cactus or a fish or a flower or a tree or something other than a girl living in colorado but that's okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why would I ever want to write a book? Who would ever want to read a book I wrote? the market right now is definitely oversaturated with chr...