Monday, January 16, 2012

one week down....fifteen to go. we had a women's snowshoe retreat from thursday until this morning. it was so good and exhausting and wild. the women were all 50 + in age and were all rich and complained a lot and were pouty but left us each 100$ tip so hollaaaa. we had staff stuff this morning but now I'm off until wednesday afternoon when we start getting ready for 60 youth group kids coming saturday-sunday. praise god they are staying less than 24 hours. stuff with roommates has gotten better, i sent chelsie a facbeook message telling her i just wanted to love her well and be chill for the next four months and she was really receptive. she was like hopefully your asl will improve...hahahahaha. i told her to just make me sign more because i can sign i'm just too shy to do it and out of practice. hippie boys are good as always, keenan and i hung out a lot yesterday and just got to know each other and that was cool. I've gotten to talk to my family and friends a lot this past week and that's been so good. and I only cried twice (i'm so lame). i have a new best friend named chelsea who comes on the weekends to be the camp nurse. she's hearing and sarcastic and hilarious and we instantly fell in love with each other. i'm so sad she's only here on the weekends though! right now I am sitting in my bed listening to brooke fraser and watching the massive amounts of snow fall out my window and it feels soooo good to relax. god is here and i don't feel so alone.

Matthew 11:28-30

28-30"Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why would I ever want to write a book? Who would ever want to read a book I wrote? the market right now is definitely oversaturated with chr...