Saturday, June 16, 2012

remember that time God was super provisional? oh yeah, all the time. when I was on summer staff we talked a lot about ebenezers. 1 samuel 7:12 says " Samuel took a single rock and set it upright between Mizpah and Shen. He named it "Ebenezer" (Rock of Help), saying, "This marks the place where God helped us."


Just like marking places where you've seen the lord be provisional or helpful so I've been trying to do that in my life a lot lately. Trying to set up reminders of where God has been faithful so next time I freak out of doubt or whatever I do I have tangible reminders (besides you know, the bible) that God is good and faithful. Maybe I am alone in being this forgetful or whatever but I try to acknowledge God a lot to remember that he's around a lot. So this week's huge burst of provision was in the form of a job. After putting out 27 (not even exaggerating) applications in Boiling Springs, Shelby, and Gaffney I finally got a job. I'm a vet clinic assistant (not technician) so I walk and play with the dogs and cats and feed them and clean their cages and do dishes. Super glamourous job for a college graduate. But it's full time. and pays more than minimum wage. and i get to meow and make puppy paws as much as I want and its acceptable. When I was offered the job I kinda freaked out a lot lot lot and didn't want to take it thinking some more awesome job would come out of no where, which none have by the way... but I don't know why I freaked out. Then I listened to John Butler Trio a lot and they have a song called Better Than that i love a lot. 


All you want is
What you can't have
And if you just look around man
You see you got magic
So just sit back relax
Enjoy it while you still have it
Don't look back on life man and only see tragic

Because you could be better than that
Don't let it get the better of you
What could be better than now
Life's not about what's better than



and I decided that it really wasn't about trying to get a better than the vet job. This is what was literally given to me and it would of been silly not to take it. They are accommodating and awesome and I can work full time until CDH starts in august then go part time. Super perfect. So starting Monday I'll be wearing scrubs and crocs and playing with animals all day. Hilarious and great. So, this blog post and my gazillion of prayers of excitement and thanks is my ebenezer.  Thanks for everyone that prayed and asked and listened to me complain about not having a job. grateful for that in my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why would I ever want to write a book? Who would ever want to read a book I wrote? the market right now is definitely oversaturated with chr...