Thursday, April 29, 2010

bloggy blog blog, this is annoying I know.

Tonight Brittany and I had a sweet convo and sometimes really wise things come out of my mouth. (or I'd like to think s0)

I've been thinking about Donald Millers blog all day and how cool it is. Brittany asked me what the point of praying was if God had a plan and I said well, he probably doesn't. I was like I think God legit tells us of promises he has for us like freedom, love, grace, and mercy in abundance and we can make our decisions that fit into those paths or choose not love and do whatever. I also said that I don't think it's as much of following God's path as it is that God promises to follow OURS.


Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "This is the way; walk in it." Isaiah 30:21.

I don't think that can be abused to do what we want and go kill people but I think if we are truly seeking God's will then decisions can be made. I don't think God knows where I will put my foot down first thing when I get out of bed tomorrow but I know his mercy will be new and his love will be bigger than I can know.

Maybe I'm all wrong and I'm totally limiting God in all of this. I don't know. But I'm good living in those promises, especially in his love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why would I ever want to write a book? Who would ever want to read a book I wrote? the market right now is definitely oversaturated with chr...