Sunday, March 7, 2010

God and I just took a sweet walk. I had been hanging out laying on the chapel floor, the usual, praying and thinking about how I want desperately to be known by God. Actually, how I want to feel known by God because I know he does know me. And how much energy I put into being known by other people and having the desire to be known but I don't actively seek God's presence or enjoy being pursued by Him which I know I am. So we had this good talk and then I left the chapel and put my ipod in and hit shuffle and Orange Sky by Alexi Murdoch came on and I cried a little and walked all around campus listening to it on repeat.. It's from the OC soundtrack so I doubt it's at all christian but these are the lyrics:

When I am alone
When I've thrown off the weight of this crazy stone
When I've lost all care for the things I own
That's when I miss you, that's when I miss you, that's when I miss you
You who are my home
You who are my home
And here is what I know now
Here is what I know now
Goes like this..
In your love, my salvation lies
In your love, my salvation lies
In your love, my salvation lies
In your love, my salvation lies
In your love, my salvation lies
In your love, my salvation lies
In your love, my salvation lies
In your love, in your love, in your love

hello. yes. My salvation is in His love. So I felt a little God action going on and divine intervention with that song business. Appreciated.

I don't really know how to blog. Keith said to write about what God's doing in my life. He's calling me to Him. I know that. Sometimes I decide to do these little challenges in my head, not to let go of things to grow closer to God but just because I like challenges. Like opening my backpack before a teacher calls my whole name or like biting my teeth in time with the music in the car. Or like not buying clothes for 6 months or not texting for Lent.

Last week I didn't listen to music for a whole day. It was really quiet. At the verge the previous night we had talked about silence and distractions. I got a lot of those going on. A lot of the time I listen to my ipod while walking to classes. Sometimes it's real intentional because I don't want to talk to people. But most of the time it's because I just LOVE and breathe music. I grew up going to shows, listening to classic rock with my Dad, showtunes with my mom, death metal with my brothers and my first cd I bought was No Doubt's Return of Saturn. I love music. It was hard last week. I laid on my floor a lot of the day in silence. I didn't really hear much but I talked to God more so I guess that was fruitful. I just like challenges. I did it just to do it really. But it was nice to lie on my floor and hang with God more than I usually would, I don't know how music changes that but that's just how the day went.

I'm going to Guatemala in 30 hours. I haven't packed yet. I got an infection on monday. I'm so scared I'm going to get sick bad in Guatemala. I'm praying big.

Listen to Orange Sky, it's beautiful. Lie down somewhere and chill.

2 comments:

  1. First off, welcome to the blog world officially. I'm kinda sad that Kevin beat me to being your first follower. Now, if only he'd be my follower. But whatever. It's not like I'm keeping score or something... :-)

    Keith's got the right idea with blogging: Just write about what God's teaching you. Chances are He's teaching someone else that same lesson.

    Have a blast in Guatemala and don't get sick! (Keep your pants on, too!)

    <>< Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. never has someone put into words the beat and cry of my own heart than you did just then. i'm praying for you. I had a dream that guatemala was life changing in the most amazing way for you.

    ReplyDelete

Why would I ever want to write a book? Who would ever want to read a book I wrote? the market right now is definitely oversaturated with chr...